Monday 22 October 2012

Any requests?

Even though at the moment there are hardly enough hours in the day, I've decided to invite some topic or project requests. After all, the nights are now drawing-in and my work on rebranding our estore is nearly complete. I therefore expect to have some spare time on my hands. So, if you are contemplating making some changes to your machine, investigating a fault or fixing a new part, and you'd like to see a tutorial about it on this site, feel free to drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. I've stripped these machines back to the bare case, and fully re-assembled, so no subject is beyond this site. Or you might just want me to complete the tutorial on how I deep clean my machines!

More soon, no doubt....

D

2 comments:

  1. First, let me say your tutorials are great and I want to thank you for sharing what you've learned through experience. It's my opinion that it takes someone special to share, rather than trying to keep knowlege captive.

    Secondly, I actually do have a request (in addition to your finishing the good cleaning tut): the lcd screen

    My sister has one of these that's developed a dim lcd screen. She's sending it to me (my youngest son is an electronics guru), but I haven't seen it yet. If you know anything about this part of the machine I think that would be a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words!

      Umm, a dim screen is not a problem I've come across before. That said, I'm not sure whether you mean the yellow/green backlighting is dim or the actual text and images on the screen. If it's the backlight it might be a simple as a failed LED (there are four LEDs behind there). But either way, if your guru manages to resolve it perhaps you could drop me a line about the solution and I'll stick a post up on here about it.

      Regards

      Dave

      PS - I promise to find time to complete the good clean tutorial!

      Delete